We are in 2017 and as consumers want more from tablet makers, the consumer electronics market is becoming new trends everywhere. One in particular is the trend for kids’ tablets and while you may think there’s plenty for everyone, this side of the market is really in short supply. We understand that most parents want the best parental control features on the tablet that they will let their kids use, and will even prefer it if it also has extras added. So we’ve looked around for noteworthy kids tablets and see if they offer the best deals any parent would want.
Here are 5 of what we think are the best children’s tablets on the market today:
- LeapFrog Epic – Designed for children under 5 years old, this thick tablet offers a very simple and robust design Android user interface. Its lifespan is between 2 and 4 years, which should be enough to entertain a child for a certain period of time, so don’t expect it to perform beyond your technical ability. You can download internal LeapFrog applications; however, they are quite expensive and the apps on the Amazon Appstore are much cheaper, which works quite well with this device. Resolution is low quality at just 1024 x 600 dpi despite having a 7-inch screen and colors are off as well. One advantage that LeapFrog Epic has is that it allows you to create multiple user profiles for different children (in case you have more than one user). Its key features include a chunky design, 5 hours of battery life, simple user interface, LeapFrog apps are educational, helpful for kids, and it costs $ 154.7.
- Amazon Fire HD 6 Kids Edition Choose from a thick pink or blue Amazon Fire HD 6 Kids Edition case with a Fire For Kids unlimited content store, high quality and performance, as well as its unique 2-year guaranteed accidental damage warranty. Amazon packed most of the features and performance bundle into this Kids Edition tablet, so there is probably an additional fee to access the Amazon Store; however, the exchange is worth it! The 6-inch 1280 x 800 IPS display has high pixel quality, but since it’s smaller than standard 7-inch Android tablets, reading smaller text was somewhat difficult. The battery life lasts for a decent 8 hours, but it will cut in half if you play with it most of the time. You’ll have full access to fun and kid-friendly content in the Fire for Kids app, which is great for your appetite for learning.
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition – If you are not satisfied with Amazon’s Fire HD 6 Kids Edition, you can get Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. In addition to the longer battery life, which will last 12 hours, the larger 8-inch screen, and the 32GB internal storage; You’ll also get a free 1-year subscription to the Fire For Kids service, which includes many TV shows and books that are specifically for kids. With a robust protective case and other features that it has, you are sure to be satisfied with what you get for your money.
- Kurio Smart – The Kurio Smart is similar in design to the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2, which has a detachable keyboard. But while the design is impressive, its features are basic. The makers of Kurio Smart have abandoned any USB port and prefer to use the HDMI port instead, which will allow kids to connect it to a larger screen for any task; Still, its 1280 x 800 screen won’t be enough for multitasking. It’s also not particularly powerful. Its quad-core Inter Atom processor is like the paper tiger, it has all the good specs on paper, but it performs poorly. A maximum of 3 or 4 tabs can be opened when you use it to browse web sites and the games are good, just don’t play games that require your tab to perform higher than normal. You can also use the Kurio Smart for 6 to 7 hours on a single charge.
- iPad Mini 2 – If you want a budget tablet with great specs and features, then the iPad Mini 2 is for you. Although it is not specifically designed for children, you can let them use it as long as you wrap it with an impact protection case. The OSMO Educational Starter Kit would be a great addition to the iPad Mini 2 if you have the extra money to buy it. The tablet runs on Apple’s iOS 9, which has great parenting features that will make it safe enough for your kids to operate on their own. It allows you to control the Safari web browser to restrict the appearance of any adult content, as well as install new applications. In addition, the application also allows you to block all access to music and podcasts with explicit content and / or television shows with adult or themed content. You will have access to thousands of applications, e-books and games with the Apple App Store. Although the Apple iPad Mini 2 is priced at $ 414.7, you can be sure of its great quality in both physical specs and software features.